Monday, February 16, 2009


Just a little about me. I figured I would give you a little background on me so you can get an idea of where I’m coming from. I’m from the generation y or is it x….? I’m not really sure what letter they are assigning to my sorry pathetic generation of “gatta have it now” “I deserve everything on a silver platter” people. I don’t count myself as one of them not by a long shot. But that’s another rant entirely.
I have a wonderful wife and two smart beautiful daughters. We live in a rural part of New Hampshire, not too far from a town and supplies but far enough to be peace quiet and give me space to prep. We live on a small 3 acre plot that supports almost all of our needs. We grow most of the fruits and vegetables that we eat as well as raising our own chicken’s turkey’s and pigs. Everything we do is deliberate here on our little farm, everything produces or it goes right down to the flowers we plant around our house and the pets we keep.
My family has always thought I was crazy, as I am working “backwards” in time according to them. I guess you’re supposed to just go buy things, instead of making them yourself or throw stuff away instead of fixing it, hmmmm oh well…. I have long believed that society has it stands now won’t be around forever, it can’t be, it just doesn’t make any sense to think that it would. I have never been a doom and gloom kind of guy or the end is near save yourself follower, but with recent events who knows…. I have just always wanted to be free from having to rely on other people for anything that I can do for myself (including my food). My wife has come around to my way of thinking about things, (slowly I’ll admit but come around she has) and said something to me that boosted my confidence and gave me the name for my blog. She said “Hun you’re either right or crazy, but either way we are prepared.” And that’s the way I look at things, I may be completely off my rocker and society will bounce back to its consumer driven, self centered self, or I’m right and everything we know and love today will be gone and changed so fast that most people won’t survive. But either way I’m prepared.
I hope you can take some things away from my little blog some information or at least a new idea or two. I’m writing this for me more than anything, so I have a way of sorting my thoughts. I will keep you up to date on what we are up to how we are prepping and what we are trying to do with our little piece of this earth.
P.s. I want you all to now I am no English major I’m just a guy so sorry if my grammar isn’t correct or it doesn’t flow properly or whatever problem you have with my blog, if you don’t like it don’t read it.

Just remember you may be crazy or you may be right but either way, be prepared!

2 comments:

  1. You may be crazy. But then again, you may be right.
    And don't let anyone change your mind.
    Keep it up.
    Shy

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's actually plenty of us out here. We may not agree on everything, but we all agree this can't last. It's great to see such a range of people preparing, in one form or another. We might as well get to know each other now, cause we'll probably need to work together after the collapse. Prep on!

    ReplyDelete