Monday, February 16, 2009

What happened?
My alter ego works in retail sales and deals with people on a regular basis as does my better half. I deal with all types people everyday, and it has occurred to me that very few people of my generation take responsibility for anything anymore. Everyday I have people yelling at me for things that are by no means my fault. Most of the time it is because of something they have done, demanding that I fix there problems or else! And its not just at my job it’s rampant. Nay nay, it has become an epidemic.
I see people yelling at or down right being rude to waitresses or retail clerks or anyone in the service industry just because they are up set. Now I have problems from time to time just like everyone else, but I have learned that it doesn’t do any good to scream at the kid behind the counter because you dropped you cell phone in a puddle and weren’t smart enough to get insurance, or at the waiter because you wanted a steak medium and yours is medium rare!
Why can’t people treat each other with basic courtesy? Why do people feel the need to berate someone just because they can’t say anything back or do anything to stick up for themselves, without loosing there job! It’s not right, and I for one never put up with it. I have, on more than one occasion, wile shopping or sitting in a restaurant butted into someone’s space to let them know there behavior is wrong and uncalled for, to sick up for the person who can’t defend themselves. I figure if you’re going to behave like a child someone should set you straight like a child!
I am fortunate enough to work in a place that allows me to treat people the way they treat me. Throw a cell phone at me and I’ll throw it back (that has happened more than once), call me an asshole and I’ll tell you exactly how I feel about that comment. Treat me with respect and I’ll bend over backwards to help you.
It saddens me what we have sunk to as a people. I hope I’m not the only one. Ok enough ranting I just have to get the off my chest.

I may be crazy or I may be right, but at least I'm prepared!

1 comment:

  1. I've stepped in a couple times too. I've been in that clerk/waitress/whoever's position and it sucks. People are so desperate and miserable with their lifestyle. Part of them realizes they have no control over their life so they take it out on people they feel they have some 'control' over. Pathetic, but true.
    Yesturday I wrote in my journal, "there are so many beautiful things about Humanity, how did we ever let it get so ugly?'
    BTW...Welcome to the blogosphere.

    ReplyDelete