Friday, February 27, 2009

Seeds Seeds Seeds!

As everyone who reads this already knows, non gmo open pollinated seeds are very very important to your prepping, and are worth there weight in gold (or will be). At our little piece of heaven we use a method called bio intensive, or as I like to call it, the “cram all that stuff in there” method.
Usually we pick thru the 40+ seed catalogs that we get delivered, and come up with a list of what we need want that year. We have our favorites but we like to try a bunch of different things.
This year I happened across a website selling open pollinated seed bundles, I figured they would be similar to a lot of places out there. But this place was different right from the jump. They had an amazing collection of seeds, everything you could want plus more. They also carry seeds for herbs as well. I am a huge fan of customer service. I don’t feel like anyone owes me anything but the level of customer service that you receive defiantly dictates the kind of company that you are dealing with. The web site was very easy to get around and the few questions that I had, were answered right away with a quick email. The follow up emails that I sent them were all answered right away and they were a huge help in getting the information I wanted and needed.
Now the price… WOW I couldn’t believe what they were charging for such an amazing variety of plants. I would have figured I would have to pay twice the price, but nope they were wicked cheap. Almost to the point that I felt I may be stealing them.
Well the ground is still covered in 2 feet of snow so I haven’t had the opportunity to plant any of it yet but if the past is anything to go on I’m sure they will be great. I’ll keep updates throughout the year on here to let everyone know how things are turning out, as far as germination rates and such.

Oh and just in case anyone was wondering I didn’t receive any payment or free stuff from them. I try to make it a point to let everyone I can know when people or companies treat me right as well as wrong.


Please go check them out
http://backyardheirloomseeds.net/default.aspx

p.s. if you do order, tell them Kirk sent you!

No comments:

Post a Comment