Friday, February 20, 2009

Ok quick post today just to pas on what happened to me this morning then tomorrow I’ll get back to business. This morning as I pulled out onto the road in front of my house I hit an icy patch, and my 2 wheel drive truck wouldn’t move, at all. I just sat there spinning wheels. I glanced up just in time to see a truck come around the corner going at least double the speed limit. And I couldn’t move. In reaction I yelled to my girls to hold on and threw my hand across them to pin them best I could in their seats. I tried to brace for the impact, wile watching in the rearview mirror as the truck speed closer. The other truck slammed on his brakes causing him to go into a sideways slide straight at my truck. Then suddenly, as he was only 20 feet or so from impact his front wheels caught, spinning him back straight and into the far lane. He flew past my truck and in front of me then spun in the opposite direction and slid to a halt sideways in the road again about 200 feet in front of me. We both hollered to make sure the other was alright, and other than the both of us needing a change of pants we were. I don’t know how that happened; I thought for sure I was in serious trouble, but some how he managed to spin around my truck like a running back twisting off a tackle. Both of us ending up untouched, I don’t think I could do it again if I tried. (Nor do I think I want to try)

No comments:

Post a Comment