Thursday, February 19, 2009

My Response

Today over on Mayberrys blog Keep it Simple Survival there is an excellent post and below is my comment to that post i figured it warranted a post on my site just in case you didn't see it. please go check it out and read his post. I'll be back tomorrow
My Response
It is our duty still to endeavor to avoid war; but if it shall actually take place, no matter by whom brought on, we must defend ourselves. If our house be on fire, without inquiring whether it was fired from within or without, we must try to extinguish it.
-Thomas Jefferson-
All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
-Thomas Jefferson-

Semper Fi, although I have not seen the horrors in combat, I have served my country and have been in horrific situations, I’ve had to look down the sights at another human being I have held my friend in his last dying moments as he pleads for help, it is not fun nor romantic as Hollywood makes it out to be. It is not something that anyone should wish upon themselves or anyone else but, I will not remain silent as my country is stolen from me! I will not remain silent and let future generations handle the problems we have created! I will not remain silent as the country I once swore to protect is attacked from within! I wish for a peaceable return to an America I was raised to believe was my inheritance, but I will be prepared to do what is right and necessary when the time comes, if it does, so that my children and future generations don’t have to! It is what our forefathers fought for and so will I if necessary!

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. -Thomas Jefferson-

No comments:

Post a Comment